Your Frequently Asked Questions
At all times we will do our best to keep you informed and advise your tracking. Not every order is the same so we are unable to give an exact turnaround time, but rest assured all Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide metropolitan based orders are delivered next day but YOU MUST order before the 2pm cut off to hopefully ensure next day delivery. Orders received before 2pm on Fridays will be delivered on Monday. No weekend deliveries.
For Metro based customers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide the typical turnaround time is 24 hours to your venue or house. For regional customers in VIC, NSW, QLD, SA it might take 2-5 days. WA customers it might take a lot longer. We have experienced in some case 7 to even 14 days worse case based on Australia post times. No weekend deliveries.
- Shopping: Fill your cart with as much or as little as you want. It works like every other eCommerce site. Keep adding and removing from your cart as you shop.
- Checking Out and Payment: Once you are ready to finalise your order simply checkout and make the payment. You will be charged instantly and receive an email invoice confirming your transaction. If you have not received the email, please check your junk or spam folder before contacting us on email@example.com
- Order Dispatch: If you have placed your order before the 2pm cut off, you will receive it the next business day. We have live tracking so can advise a delivery time. We only have AM and PM options for you to choose from.
- Order Delivered: Your order has been received and signed for, all our orders will have to be signed for by an adult. We can track the proof of delivery so if you haven’t received it and the status says delivered we can always check for you.
- You would have received a copy of your invoice to your email address when you placed and paid for your order. Simply search for the sender firstname.lastname@example.org in your email inbox. Your invoice number is your order number.
- If you can’t find your invoice you can get it by logging into your Agave Lux account to access a copy. Go to My Account and enter your login details, then simply search your account for the order in question. There is an option to print or save the invoice once downloaded.
- If you still cant find your Invoice, please email us.
Simply enter the required quantity on the product page in the “Qty:” section, and then click “Add to cart”. If we have enough stock, you will see the stock quantity added to your cart at the top of the webpage, which means the item has been successfully added to your cart. Our products will clearly indicate if we do not have enough stock, you will see an “out of stock” notification on the product page at time of order.
There may be occasions when warehouse stock is down to the last few bottles, or we cannot fill your order due to the product being damaged. In this instance, you will be notified by phone or email to discuss replacement or refund options.
Firstly, our advice is for all consumers to do their due diligence first before ordering alcohol from any website, particularly overseas sites, when purchasing liquor. By law Australian consumers need to pay all taxes and duties before any alcohol is delivered to your door, if you purchased it from an overseas website you will be liable for these additional costs, if you purchase from us at Agave Lux, we have already paid it for you. Our advertised ‘price’ includes all these additional costs and government charges.
Still unsure why we are more expensive than an advertised price overseas?
A quick google review, coupled with ensuring the quoted price includes shipping, Australian taxes, import duties and GST will go a long way into your customer satisfaction. The price on the Agave Lux website includes all costs and fees, there are no hidden surprises. We have paid all of it up front, so you don’t have to.
To help provide you some further transparency on what we do it might help to understand the process:
- Agave Lux source directly from the producers in Mexico
- We import it to Australia and exclusively distribute our products in the Australian market.
- This means we are the official and only distributor within Australia and there is no additional “body” adding additional costs to your purchase.
- This does not mean however you can’t buy it from someone else, it is a free global market.
- Chances are if you have found the product online from an alternate supplier they are based overseas and their quoted online ‘price’ excludes the 5% import duty, it excludes the ABV tax of $86.90 per 1 litre of pure alcohol and also excludes GST and shipping.
- Note that you will be liable, in full, for all these additional charges when buying from overseas websites before the product is released by Australian customs.
Our advice again is do your due diligence and ensure the ‘advertised price’ includes all these hidden costs, import duties, taxes and delivery to your door. The advertised price on the Agave Lux website is the final price. Meaning it does include all these additional costs, so you will not receive any surprises post checking out and paying for your purchase.
Thanks for supporting Australian small business.
Agave Lux source direct from the producer in Mexico, we import and insure the stock during its journey, we hold and store the stock here in Australia at state of the art warehousing and we have paid all the duties and taxes in full, to allow us to delivery direct to you at the quoted price you see on our website. There are no hidden charges after your purchase is complete.
We believe in being transparent to Australian consumers (with no strings attached or surprising extra costs), being fair to the hardworking producers in Mexico, paying a fair price to the producers in Mexico and thus charging a fair price to you to make the business sustainable and continue to provide employment to impoverished areas of Mexico that in turn contribute to the sustainability of its economy and ours.
We encourage you to search online, it is a free global market, but due your due diligence not all quoted prices for the same product are equal. Start with a google review on that particular website, understand the tax implications and full delivery costs when buying from overseas websites because they will NOT include the domestic taxes and charges in their final price.
On the Agave Lux website, our prices are all inclusive, there are no surprises after you have paid in full or before the product lands at your door.
Thanks for supporting Australian small business.
In holding true to our ethos of being independent and supporting independents we have opted, at this stage, not to utilise the major retail network as a route to market.
We do have some independent and specialist bottle shops retailing our products in specific states as our network grows. Our products are of a premium nature, small batch and look to offer the independent trade a point of difference.
We focus on partnering with retailers who have the key skillset and ability to best represent the brands. This also includes the ability for those retailers to articulate key production processes, practices and the history of some of these very niche products and categories where the education does not exist. In time, as market awareness and major retailer education grows, we may look to grow our major retailer partnerships.
For now, we feel we are best suited to offer you these products directly at a fair price that provides economic support to the people of Mexico and the small/medium independent Australian businesses here. Thanks for supporting Australian small business.
This product is 100% original, guaranteed and the quality of the product is in no way compromised from source of origin to your door. The goods are legal and are non-counterfeit goods sold. For tequila, mezcal and sotol they must be certified by the respective regulatory councils and sealed with specific seals at source of origin.
It is illegal to export from Mexico these products without certification. Our producers/suppliers are established and trusted businesses who sell directly to us exclusively here in Australia and have been doing so for many years.
We naturally take time and care in producing the site content, including the agave school education. At times information does change and we may not have been able to update the website as quickly. We love feedback so please feel free to keep us on our toes. The Mexican Regulatory Councils for Tequila, Mezcal, Sotol and Raicilla constantly amend the guidelines for Denomination of Origin and Geographical Indication, along with production process guidelines.
We to our best to stay across that detail, at the same time if you do find something incorrect we would love to know and welcome the feedback. If there is something missing on our website that you think we should add please also let us know via emailing email@example.com
Each of our products, no matter the value, is inspected and handled with great care during the packing process, which first involves the bottle being inspected. Then, the bottle is encased in heavy-duty wrap before being placed into a sturdy, cardboard container.
All orders are delivered predominantly by BAM Logistics who handle our packages manually across their network to mitigate any damage during transit. We have carefully chosen BAM Logistics who has proven reliability and exceptional service to handle the delivery of our goods. On occasion we may need to use a 3rd party like Australia Post or a courier to ensure safe transport is maintained.